Terms of the ballot
- All participation is via the slide ballot form on this website.
- Your details must be submitted before midnight on 24 July 2017.
- Please make only ballot entry per person. We reserve the right to exclude anyone who enters multiple times from the draw.
- Names will be picked by random selection. All those selected in this first draw will be informed by email on 25 or 26 July.
- If selected, please acknowledge and confirm that you will be taking your place before midnight on 28 July. If you do not do this, you will lose your place and it will go into the second draw.
- If any places are not confirmed, a second draw will take place on 29 July. Those selected in this second draw will be informed by email and SMS text message on 29 July by 2pm at the latest.
- There will be no further draw.
Rules of the Slide
- All participants must be 14+ apart from the first hour of the slide which is allocated to those aged between 6 and 13 (details below).
- Participants must be in good health and not affected by medical problems, such as heart, back or neck problems, or recent operations which might be worsened by the experience.
- Expectant mothers are not allowed to ride.
- Anybody suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused entry.
- Sensible clothing must be worn, to include covering of arms and legs.
- Sensible footwear must be worn – no loose sandals, only shoes which fully cover the toes.
- All jewellery must be removed prior to sliding.
- The slide will not operate in extreme weather conditions.
- We have the right to refuse participation on the day, if we feel the ticket holder does not comply with any of these rules.
- The press are likely to be at the slide, filming and photographing the days events. You must be willing for the press to film and photograph you as one of many of the participants.
- Participants use the slide at their own risk.
- Participants are to slide down head first on the lilo provided.
- Sliders must hold on to the lilo at all times.
- To allow as many people down the slide in one day, each participant can only have one go (sorry!).
- After sliding, participants must exit the landing area as quickly and safely as possible with guidance from the marshals and give back the lilo. No running.
What to bring
- Come with a friend to hold your possessions, whilst you slide.
- Wear old clothes you don’t mind getting a little damp.
- Towel – it’s unlikely you will get very wet, but you may get some splashes.
- Bring some form of ID (eg debit card, driving licence, library card, etc) which must match the name on the ticket.
- For under-16s, please provide the name of the parent or carer – parental or carer ID will be required on the day. This is to prevent the resale of tickets.
Slide Timeslots on 30 July
|11am – 12noon||6 – 13 year olds only||40 metres|
|12noon – 5pm||14yrs+ only on the slide||90 metres|