Following the success of 2021’s Sonic Trail, we’re on the hunt for new submissions to bring to our 2022 festival. We can’t wait to see your submissions and are confident this year is going to be another hugely enjoyable and progressive event. Watch our highlights from 2021, and get ideas for your new and exciting submissions here https://ramsgatefestival.org/watch-live/
We’re seeking five diverse and exciting artists to help us celebrate this year’s festival theme of “Resonance”. The Sonic Trail will be running from the 1st to the 4th of September 2022.
The selected artists’ work will be displayed at various locations and venues throughout Ramsgate suitable to each piece of work. These pieces will feature as part of our famous Sonic Trail
This opportunity is open to artists at any level of their career, and a commission of £700 will be granted to each artist successfully selected by our panel. We welcome proposals from artists who wish to develop an existing piece of work, as well as proposals for new pieces of work
The deadline to apply is 5pm on the 27th June 2022
We are looking for works that explore themes that could include voyages, history, literature, nature/landscape, community, and diversity. The Festival of Sound invites audiences to explore everything that Ramsgate has to offer, from its rich history, coastal location, local residents, booming artistic and cultural life, and its place in contemporary Britain.
Some important points to keep in mind….
● What is the scale of your project?
● Location; how will you make the most of Ramsgate’s unique landscapes and locations? Please state if you have a location/space in mind for your work.
● The festival team will work with each artist to secure the most appropriate space to display your work. NB we cannot guarantee that permissions will be given to use requested spaces.
● Each artist will be required to provide and be responsible for all necessary equipment e.g laptops, speakers, leads, dressing/decor etc.
● Accessibility; are there any limitations to accessing your work?
● Audience; who is your work for? – how does your work involve others, how will people engage?
● The festival will provide evaluation forms in compliance with our Arts Council grant conditions.
How to Apply
Closing date 5pm, Monday 27th June 2022. All applicants will be notified shortly after.
● Phone Number
● Artist/Organisation Name
● Biography (max. 150 words about the artist)
● Examples of previous works (please provide links or images)
● Title of work
● Proposal (max. 200 words about what you will do)
● Technical requirements (max. 150 words)
● Type of space or location of work/event (if known). E.g If on public land, indoors, etc.
● Target audience (if known)
● Anticipated size of audience
The Sonic Trail runs daily between 12pm-5pm from the 1st to the 4th of September.
NB – Artists must be available to supervise their work, if required, between 12pm and 5pm each day. The festival will endeavour to provide volunteer support where possible to cover breaks etc.
For any further enquiries please email [email protected]